By EMILY PRINSTEIN
As Christmas is coming, many people love to make and enjoy baked homemade treats. One of my family’s favorite things to make during the holidays is homemade banana bread.
The banana bread right out of the oven. (Emily Prinstein / Ethic photo)
- 1 Stick (1/2) Butter
- 3 Large Ripe Bananas
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
The ingredients in the banana bread. Use these ingredients and have a perfect loaf of banana bread. (Emily Prinstein / Ethic photo)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Add the stick of butter into the microwave for one minute.
- Add the bananas to the same bowl and smash with a fork.
- Add the Vanilla extract and eggs to the bowl and stir.
- In a second bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the dry and wet ingredients into one bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes until the bread is completely set.
The bananas, eggs and vanilla extract placed together in a bowl before it is mixed with a whisk. (Emily Prinstein / Ethic photo)
Creamy fettuccine alfredo featured after being prepared. (Emily Prinstein / Ethic photo)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 1.5 cups milk
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup romano cheese
- Salt and black pepper ( to taste )
- 1lb Fettuccine
In this picture are the ingredients that are in the creamy fettuccine alfredo. The ingredients that are in the photo are butter, garlic, flour, heavy cream, milk, parmesan cheese, romano cheese and fettuccine noodles. (Emily Prinstein / Ethic photo)
- Boil the noodles according to the package.
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan on medium heat. Then add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Whisk in the flour. Then add the heavy cream and the milk.
- Reduce the heat to low when the sauce begins to bubble.
- Slowly add the cheese, continuing to mix.
- Drain the pasta and carefully mix it into the sauce.