By JASMINE ROSALES
As the holidays are just around the corner, the time for freshly-baked sweets and many left over meals are ahead. As this time of year is a favorite to many, everyone looks forward to filling their stomachs with their favorite meals and desserts whilst with their loved ones.
To add another treat to the dessert table, try these pumpkin bars topped with cream cheese frosting to make it feel like autumn in your mouth. These pumpkin bars will make anyone’s day or night. Just follow this recipe to make this delicious treat!
This recipe makes a total of 24 servings and calls for:
1 + 2/3 Cups Sugar
1 cup Vegetable Oil
1 15 oz. Can Pumpkin
2 cups Flour
2 teaspoon Baking Powder
2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
For the cream cheese frosting you need:
12 oz (1 ½ cup) Cream cheese softened
1/4 cup Butter softened
1 – 32 oz (4 cups) Bag Powdered Sugar
A visual of all the ingredients needed for baking the pumpkin bars. (Jasmine Rosales/Ethic News)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix the eggs, oil, pumpkin and sugar together with an electric mixer.
3. In the same bowl add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and mix until blended.
Any mixer is acceptable, with the photo depicting a hand held electric mixer. (Jasmine Rosales/Ethic News)
4. Pour into a greased, 9×13 pan.
Tip! Try to evenly pour the batter into the pan, because if it is too unevenly poured, it will not cook even. (Jasmine Rosales/Ethic News)
5. Bake for 30 minutes, depending on your wattage, bake until set in the middle (Use a toothpick to pick at the center. If gooey, set back in for another minute or so until set.)
These treats are perfect to bake in large batches for the holidays or in small portions for everyday snacks. (Jasmine Rosales/Ethic News)
6. For the icing, beat the cream cheese and butter with a whisk or electric mixer until fluffy.
7. Add the powdered sugar and mix on low speed.
Tip! Make sure not to mix too little or too much, a smooth fluffy consistency is key. (Jasmine Rosales/Ethic News)
8. Once bars are cooled, top it off with your frosting!
The very last step in every recipe is to enjoy your creation! (Jasmine Rosales/Ethic News)