By VICTORIA CHUNG
From 104° to 107° to 114°. the blistering hot weather that is cooking Redlands alive in the Inland Empire is brutal. You know it’s hot when the only thing you see on everyone’s Snapchat stories is a black screen with the weather displayed–usually decorated with a comment such as, but not limited to, “WHY.” There’s a reason why the National Weather Service threw out an “Excessive Heat Warning” to Southwestern California.
You’re sweaty, your face is greasy, and your makeup has melted off your face all with 5 minutes of being exposed to the sun. Don’t worry! The solution is finally here!
Homemade Cooling Masks!
Banana Yogurt Mask (It’s even edible!)
- Mash an entire banana.
- Mix it with 2 teaspoons of plain yogurt and 1 teaspoon of honey
- Mix it well!
- Apply and let it dry completely before washing it off!
Sunburn Relief (You goof! Don’t forget to wear sunscreen! Melanoma is the most common form of cancer! )
- Peel 1 small cucumber.
- Blend it with 1/4th cup of aloe.
- Stick it in the fridge (15 mins) and let it get thick!
- Apply cooling mask to the sunburned area!
- Leave on for 30 minutes and wash off with cold water.
It’s hard to endure this heat, but with these two DIY masks, surviving it is a little bit more manageable! Good luck and see you next month for more tips and treats!
Categories: Self & Style