By NOAH HERNANDEZ
- The National Basketball Association league started on October 25, 2016. The league has granted all 30 teams the eligibility for trades.
- Former Miami Heat/Toronto Raptors All-Star Chris Bosh is currently waiting for doctors to clear him for the 2nd half of the 2016/2017 season. Bosh has been released by the Miami heat for medical reasons.
- The 2017 76ers have a big problem with their roster as of right now. The 76ers have 3 top ten picks that all play the center position: Nerlens Noel, Jahlil Okafor, and Joel Embiid who are all under the age of 25. The 76ers have made a big decision to move the three talented players.
- The NBA trade deadline is on on Feb 23, 2017 for the current 2016/2017 season.
- On Jan 7, 2017 the Cleveland Cavaliers acquired Kyle Korver, guard, from the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for Mike Dunleavy, forward, and Mo Williams, guard.
- Atlanta Hawks star Paul Millsap will become a free agent in the summer of 2017 planning moving on from the young Hawks. Four possible landing spots for Millsap are: The Boston Celtics, the Portland Trailblazers, the Denver Nuggets, and Toronto Raptors.
- Former Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant, forward, decided to take his talents to the super Golden State Warriors in the 2016 summer.
- The Detroit Pistons are considering trading Reggie Jackson, point guard, in exchange for Ricky Rubio, point guard, from the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- After the trade deadline, all 30 NBA teams will not be eligible to trade at all until the next season.
- The 2017 New York Knicks had pitched to the Cleveland Cavaliers All-Star Kevin Love for Carmelo Anthony, who is now 32 years old. The Knicks are looking to move Carmelo because he was unhappy with his 20-26 squad.